For the past year, we have been working on a new "at home" course that you can take in your own time, at your own pace, and it's now officially available!
We're so excited to announce: Self Empathy 2.0: Deeper Inner Listening.
Introducing a New Way to Listen To Yourself (With Care)
Is there some part of you that you just wish you could get rid of? Maybe it is a nagging pain, an addiction, procrastination, a bad habit, anxiety, a know-it-all or a critical part of you that you just wish would go away?
Has it worked yet?
How about learning to listen to those parts of you rather than trying to annihilate them?
What if there was a different way to approach your inner world that leads to more ease, choice and spaciousness within? Self-empathy is just that. It is the art of being present and listening with compassion to those parts of you that have, somewhere along the way, gotten into unhealthy roles.
You can learn to hold these parts of yourself with care and empathy and in so doing invite them to heal and transform.
Get To Know Your Inner World
Imagine what it would be like if you could hear clearly what you really think and feel without being taken over by those thoughts and emotions. What if you could act from a place of authenticity and truth rather than being driven by thoughts and feelings that sometimes have you acting in ways that you later regret?
Each of us has an inner world of experience where our mind, body, heart, and spirit interact, and yet many of us are so focused on the external world that our inner world often becomes neglected.
The way that we speak and act is a reflection of our inner experience and learning to listen to the different aspects of yourself is the gateway to shifting how you respond to the world around you.
A Life Of Peace, Joy and Satisfaction
What if the outside world was not responsible for how you feel? Can you imagine the freedom and peace that would exist when the world outside no longer decides how you are on the inside?
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to become the compassionate, empathic, trusting, courageous, caring presence that you so much long for.
- Go on a journey to reclaim the power that has been lying dormant within you.
- Develop your capacity to listen deeply to yourself, so that you can begin to listen to others with more openness.
- Transform your inner world, become less reactive and experience greater ease and spaciousness in your external relationships.
- Become the one that you have been waiting for!
This "At Your Own Pace" Course includes
- Five teaching modules with videos, audios, guided meditations and support resources
- A collection of additional support materials and recommended resources
- Lifetime access to the course content.
Course Curriculum & Modules
A short but powerful course with video and audio lessons and guided exercises and processes.
There are 5 modules and this will take 2-3 hours of focused time.
- Introduction to parts
- Multiplicity of the mind
- Who's listening to whom? (2:28)
- The types of parts that you may meet
- EXERCISE: Getting to know some of your parts
- DEMO: Getting to know some of your parts
- Target Parts
- Preparation for guided exercise
- GUIDED EXERCISE: Meeting your parts (10:18)
- Who is the real you?
Praise from course participants
"This course gently guides students in exploring empathy for themselves and for parts of our personalities that we may be quick to judge. We are often so much harder on ourselves and so much meaner to ourselves than anyone else. This course gives practical tools to start to shift this habit towards curiosity, compassion and self-acceptance."
Camilla Rose (South Africa)
"Forget bubble baths and glasses of wine - this course is truly nourishing self-care that stays with you long after you have completed it."
Before starting, "Self Empathy 2.0, I had a strong headache and intense pain in my eyes. When I finished the first Module, the headache and the pain had gone. The course is amazing, it is very strong and well explained! Thank you for creating it from the bottom of my heart
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will this course take? You could do this course in a single 2-hour focused session. However, you might enjoy completing it over the course of a few days or a week. We recommend blocking out some time in your schedule to make sure you complete this course, to get all the benefits.
- How long do I have access to this course? Lifetime access. For as long as we are running Compassionate Self (Compassion Courses) you will have access to the course materials. Once you have purchased the course, you can access these with your unique login.
- Are there any live calls or coaching sessions? No, this course is a "home study" or "on demand" course that you do in your own time, at your own pace. It is an inner journey that you take time to do with yourself. Should you wish for personal support or guidance, we recommend that you sign up for a coaching session, which you can do here.
- How much do I need to pay to join the course? We are offering two scholarship price options, should you need financial support. It's important to us that those who simply cannot afford the full tuition, can still access this course. However, for those who pay full tuition, we appreciate your support, as this enables us to continue to share this transformative work.
- Who did the drawings and illustrations seen in the course? Compassionate Self's very own Sarah Dekker.